In Spain the VAT Registration number is called CIF.
To obtain a Spanish VAT number, you should submit a form at local tax office of the company’s fiscal representative along with the following information:
If the company does not have a permanent establishment in Spain:
1. An official document confirming the existence of the Company: Authorized copy of the deeds of constitution and bye-laws.
2. Power of Attorney for the company’s fiscal representative.
If the company have a permanent establishment in Spain:
1. An official document confirming the existence of the permanent establishment: Authorized copy of the deeds.
2. Business registration certificate.
3. Power of Attorney for the company’s fiscal representative.
These documents must be translated by a notarized translator and legalized, both the original and the translation, by the competence authorities. We recommend you to contact ABAD´s Lawyer & Tax Consultants, in case you would be interested on obtaining further information about this, we can help you to comply accurate with the process.