NIE NumberThe Spanish national identification number for non-residents or the numero de identification de extranjeros is more commonly known as the NIE number.
The NIE is needed for all purchases and any financial activity conducted in Spain and is impossible to do so without one. It is a legal requirement to possess a NIE in Spain. It is similar to the national insurance number in the UK and acts as a personal tax code.
The process can be difficult and length, particularly if there is a misunderstanding due to language. This is why numerous people have contracted our service including the NIE process giving them piece of mind that all issued will be resolved.
The NIE service consists of the following process.
Requirements from the client with in the European Union
- Request the EX15 application form, which is to be filled in.
- Photo copies of a valid passport.
- Documentation proving the reason for application including Nota Simple or copy of the purchase contract.
- And power of attorney if needed.
- Payment of government administration charges.
- Bank certificates in some cases
- 1. We advise a meeting previous to going to the local authorities to ensure all the paper is in order preferably a day or two before.
- 2. We then arrange a meeting at a police station to submit to documentation.
- 3. With us the NIE number should be issued normally on the same day.
In order to facilitate the process we can organise an additional transport service, to our offices should the client need it.